Grand Turk

Grand Turk was first colonized in 1681 by Bermudians, who set up the salt industry in the islands. In 1766 it became the capital of the Turks & Caicos Islands. It’s dotted with the remains of salt ponds and windmills from the island’s sea salt industry, prevalent from the 17th to 20th century. The 19th-century Grand Turk Lighthouse is perched on a rocky bluff in the north. Beaches with clear water ring the island, which is home to wild horses and donkeys.

More info coming soon…

View Photo Gallery

[foogallery id=”167″]

Roberts Family House

Roberts Family House

Grand Turk Historical Building This house was the traditional home of the Robert’s family. Built in 1850’s for Benjamin H. Roberts, the house resides opposite Robert alley, which was named after the family. Mr.Roberts was a carpenter by trade and had the distinction...

read more
Middle Street

Middle Street

This black & white photograph shared online that was taken of Middle Street on Grand Turk documented June of 1905, approximately 117 years ago today. According to some elders, Middle Street use to be a very festive street of Grand Turk, that if you were looking...

read more
The Duke House Property

The Duke House Property

GRAND TURK HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE Alfred and Millicent Coverley were salt merchant owners in the early 1800's, which they contributed greatly to the Turks and Caicos Islands Salt Industry. The Coverley's built their dwelling home in the year 1830, which was located...

read more
Miramar

Miramar

This house was owned by the Grants family which they never lived in as a family home. It was always rented out to managers and employees of Cable & Wireless, our first major telecommunication service company in the Turks and Caicos islands (Currently known as...

read more